Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Kamie's EEG Electric brain activity monitor

Kamie has her EEG today at 10am 3/3/2009 to measure the electric activity of the brain using electrode sensors. I think pretty soon she will be afraid of hospitals. When the nurse came out to call her to go back into the room, she started crying and didnt want to go in the room. I had to lift her up and take her back, even then she was still fussing, and didnt want to sit on the bed. It got even worse when we were trying to get her to lie down. I guess it is common for them to strap the child down, because they had the straps on the bed and wrapped her in the strapping blanket, closing her arms down. She started wailing, eventually I remembered that she would stop with watching cartoon, so I gave her Dora to watch on my phone and then she slowed down crying until she stopped. The nurse worked to put the electrodes in her head while she watch youtube. When the nurse was finished, I told her that I was going outside to get my backpack and she says that I can just wait outside and she will call me when it is finished....so, now I wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment